Septic System Inspection
Did you know leach fields are designed to fail?
A leach field can described as a large filter that helps catch the bad stuff in the waste water, but unlike your normal household filter: A leach field costs around $10,000, and full system replacement can be $15,000 or more!!
Did you know septic system construction is an unlicensed trade in Maine?
That means that anyone can install a system, even some unqualified guy down the street. No system comes with a guarantee, even when they are brand new.
Don't risk thousands of dollars in septic system repair/replacement, always get a septic system inspection before you buy a home!
My goal on every site is:
- Offer a comprehensive look at the important underground septic components at a client's potential new home.
- Verify everything is safe, and to advise repair or improvement when necessary.
- Check for any signs of blatant code violations, or evidence the system may have been installed without permitting.
- Make sure the leach field will operate for at least a couple more years without "failure" or "malfunction".
- Educate the home buyer(s) about how the system works, maintenance, as well as how to maximize remaining lifespan.
- Deliver all relevant information to my client in a clear and concise manner both onsite and in a written report.
A full report is issued within a few days of the inspection that includes pictures of the site and in depth descriptions of any problems or repairs that need to be addressed. The full report also includes measurements to locate the cover(s) that will need to be accessed for future service, and a list of guidelines for septic use/care.